4/5/08

Beauty



I would like to start this post with an opology, I have let almost two complete weeks pass by with out a post.... I will try to stay more on schedule in the future... :-)

Some of the most beautiful things in life don’t usually start out that way. You all have to admit that this is a face that only a mother could love, and truthfully, I am not even sure if “she” was capable.
Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. That is what makes this such a fantastic and fascinating world. Some are born with beauty and some have to literally find their wings before their true beauty is attained.
This is a photograph of my little Skeeter when he came to me. It took many months of care before his true beauty started to shine through, months of taking him with me in a large cast stainless steel bowl every time I had to leave the house for more than an hour, and with were we live that is every time I left. It didn’t take long before I got used to the strange looks from people, but oddly enough, I can’t recall anyone stopping to ask what it was. Not at all like being out with a cute little puppy or other assorted natural beauties..

8 comments:

b13 said...

Some of the prettiest girls I knew is school are far from it now. And some of those "less beautiful" are pretty damn good looking now ;) This little birdy has nothing to worry about :)

Stacey Olson said...

B13, You have a Very valid point.. I wish I would have thought of that when writing this post last night.. :-) Thanks!

Dave Coulter said...

What a cute shot! And b13 brings up a real good point there, too!

BTW, no apology needed. Blogging needn't be an obligation. :)

Tom said...

Stunning... I can see many visits here.
Tom

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

Stacey ~ beautiful shots. I will make a point of stopping by often. You are doing a wonderful job rehabing the birds.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Well, I thought your Skeeter was adorable in that picture....And I fell in love with him, right that and there! What a little darling he is and again, a GREAT picture!

Lana Gramlich said...

OMG! What an adorable picture!

Anonymous said...

such a cute baby wow